Sunday, February 14, 2010

BLOGGING ALONE....

So many blogs so little time. Even if your blog gets read it isn't catchy enough or relative enough to comment on. Maybe the reader just does not know how to put into words what they want to say. Of maybe I am just kidding myself that people are reading this blog. It is like being the popular kid at blog school or the outsider. I find it interesting that teachers and professors make assignments that students must blog and usually if you want points it has to be their blog. Then they brag about how popular the blog site is getting. How many hits is important in the blogsphere even if the hits are meaningless and were required for the course. This could all be chalked up to blogenvy. Perhaps and perhaps I could require students to read this blog. No I won't do that. Maybe I do not utilize the promotional end of blogging and I should be attaching my blog to every facebook wall posting, every e-mail sent out, and even my youtube account. I could do that ... but would feel even worse if I still did not capture blog readers. So I guess I continue to blog alone...talking to myself...discussing topics of interest to me...making an efforst to share ideas and converstations. Self evaluation through blogs in similar to blog journaling. Nothing bad can really come of it and something good might be found among the rambling. My thought for the day is how social networks, blogs, chat rooms, and technology sites can be very lonely for a lot of people who never get responded to. What do they have to give up to get the attention they desire from this informational technology venue? Some post outrageous videos, some lie about who the are and change their personality, and some try to post controversial topics to rope bloggers in....

2 comments:

  1. I can feel your "pain" on this one. I don't have an audience to speak of either, and I think there is good stuff there. I also have tried some of the connections to Facebook, etc. but I haven't gotten anything there either. Guess I'm where you are in the satisfaction that I get when I put my thoughts in type. Some day I'll look back at some and think, "what a great idea that others missed" or "I can't believe that's what I thought back then." Kind of curious to see which way the future leans on that topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to an ACT Guidance Counselor seminar..thought it would be appropriate.... Met the staff member from CASTLE that has the 1 to 1 blog. Mainly a pitch and I am already in the chior even though the chior does not sing...yep. Think I talked to a administrator that I met at SAI (posse member I believe) and he was having everyone go to his daughters blog which had over 1000 followers. A blog agent like that might be needed to increase my following. That being said (my new segway lead) how valuable is a large following? yeah I can see the diversity of views but that can be attained through variety of followers and not necessarily by numbers. Large following numbers may help a large ego for sure and bragging rights. I am not Scott McLeod at this point (not meant in a negative way) and still prefer quality small schools that build relationships for success, small groups of great friends that can be counted on anytime and for any reason, and blog followers that are truly interested in what I say as well as why I am saying it. Now this is not intended to have readers not follow this blog. Please do, but do so knowing that there may not be a lot of comments but the comments and posts are from the heart.

    ReplyDelete