Sunday, January 15, 2012

PDE...Professional Development Excitement!!!

On  Monday  Praire Valley Elementary will host two neighboring school districts in an all day professional development.  Thanks to all that organized the event !  After discussions on tri-mester schedules and standard based instruction all the staff will break into small grade level groups and subject area groups.  I am excited because...
1. As a teacher I always hoped for a professional development activity where I could talk with teachers who taught what I did in other schools and school districts.
2. As a first year administrator I relish the idea of bringing so many great educators together to share ideas and experiences.
3. I love to learn and what an opportunity!!!
Not sure how many times this is done but rural school districts need to do this far more than they do.  The state of Iowa needs to see this happening and support it in any way possible.
More to come after the big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment