Sunday, April 29, 2012

Prom is over...

Well last night was the Prairie Valley Prom.  This year I was a volunteer for the new Prom Queen, Shelby, rocked it!  Parents, students, and staff all commented on how nice it was.  Not many gliches and those that did happen will be cleared up next year.  So great to turn the torch over and have another person step up into the leadership spotlight.  The students were great and it was nice to see them dressed to the hilt.  This is also the last prom for my daughter since she is graduating.  She was hoping MOM would not be there but I promised to stay out of range and it worked.  Drove her home at 4:00am in the morning after the "After Prom" and had great discussions on school, the dance, and life.  A night to remember for her and I both.  I will miss Prom and what it stands for...growing up!  I know the headaches that it brings to administrators and just want to say... It is a tradition when done well needs to be continued. 
Thanks to Prairie Valley High School administration and students for allowing me to be part of PROM!

No comments:

Post a Comment