Sunday, October 23, 2011

Evaluating staff...

Just finished attending a SAI informational meeting about the evaluation and discipline of staff. It was worth going to mainly because I needed a professional example of how to discipline. I found the techniques very similar to how I disciplined students in the past. With students I have always tried to work with them and build a relationship of trust knowing that if discipline did happen that the student would understand that I was trying to help. Some times they did, sometimes they did not, at least right away. Well...I hope to always build relationships and if discipline is needed that I always intend for it to help. I am learning every day what it takes to be a principal and every day I learn how important education really is to everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment