Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Curriculum and Assessment What?

Well thought last year was busier than the year before.
Well thought this year would be interesting and less stressed.
Well seriously what was I thinking!
I am now the new district Assessment Coordinator ....
and wait for it....
Curriculum Director.
So what did I give up.... nothing. 
Still teaching Art, Math Support, and Assistant Principal.
Sounds like I am bragging ... if you think so go with that....
Instead I would like to know what other
Assessment Coordinators and Curriculum Directors do
and if the same people have other job titles and or teach. 
 I need some guidance in time management. 
So Someone give me their wonderful guidance...I will be happy to reciprocate when I can.

2 comments:

  1. Tip on multi tasking administrative positions in education. Be on a team. When you need help or time to work the team will step up and make it happen. Teachers understand priorities as long as administrators have a relationship with them that understands and supports their priorities (time to set up classrooms, time to get grades completed ). Fellow principals supporting each other when push comes to shove (I will take the game duties, take an office day, get a sub for a teacher). Now I will say I am still feeling the stress but experiences with a team make the entire process manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Model the team whenever possible. Have been giving 5th and 6th grade students extra art time due to a huge project. I think it is appreciated. Now I asking 3rd-6th to do some data mining with the Iowa Assessments. They need time to do it and I understand that. The relationships that are built will be part of the discussion.

    ReplyDelete