Sunday, November 11, 2012

Administrative Focus or lack of...

I really try to focus, work on a task or problem, give it my all, and then feel a huge amount of accomplishment.
I find it next to impossible as an assistant principal/curriculum director/teacher/family person/individual.
Just to illustrate the above this is a list of what I have worked on this weekend....
Two 5th grade basket ball games
Babysitting twins
Shopping for groceries
Menards for house repair supplies
Making dinner
Cleaning the house
Repair an Anderson Window that was broken and rehang
Caulk the front door and window
Replace siding that was rotten, repaint, and caulk
Laundry
Church and Sunday School/Christmas Program Practice
Watch a DVD with my family
More house cleaning
Read the paper
Read two chapters in my new book ('One Thousand White Women' really good!!!)
Work on Site Visit Documents
Update my calendar and respond to emails
Favorite 'Smarter Balance' test site and read more about the entire testing system
Update my blog, oh yeah this one and the PVELART site that I just started
Review Iowa Assessment information and updates
Help my son with homework
Clean up after the dogs
OKAY STOP!!!!
How is it possible to do all that in two days and stay focused???????
Well my answer at this point is stay up late.  I also am going to hire a personal assistant that will work for free and be rewarded with the joy of just being around me.
SO HOW DO YOU FOCUS?  ANY GREAT TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED JUST COMMENT AND I WILL READ IT AROUND 11:30PM OR LATER.


2 comments:

  1. Okay sounds like you are bragging about the things you can get done (oh yeah especially the Anderson window thing, did I say it was a blank and i had to put on all the hardware and it worked the first time without adjustments?) Oh yeah bragging!!!
    Now here is the downside of focusing on work... I have never gotten a speeding ticket my entire life (okay since 16 would be a better statement) and last year I got two and one warning. Just got another one this week. Okay it was 45 in a 35 through the town of Slifer (seriouslty that is a town with 4 houses who knew?). The point being when I am driving from or to work I am thinking about my job and everything that I have to get done and I am not watching my speed (Okay I also eat when I am thinking and driving because I don't have time for lunch usually) The POINT is I should be watching the road!!! I need to focus on what I am doing at the time I am doing it. That is my tip for the week. (Also wear good running shoes at recess so you can play tag, hard to do in heals). So much for my comment.(Thanks it was very insightful feel free to comment at any time!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this blog was SO INSPIRING... SAID NO JAUN EVR. You know u r sooo dumb u left your tshirt we gonna find u! Focusing is impossible there is no way u can focus with that meny things.....AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete