Friday, June 15, 2012

Read,Read, Read...summer time is here!

I love to read. My Mom loved to read, I love to read, and my kids love to read.  One thing as a parent I know I did right.
During the school year I read all the time, but in another format, mainly educational articles dealing with testing, grading, reading strategies, etc. 
Summer time is when I get to read anything I want.  Finished a biography of John McCain. (It was sitting on the top of a pile of books and I have to read every book I have in the pile.  It was actually very good for lots of reasons I did not expect)  Also read one called 'Vigil' my son recommended and it was also great (he picked it out for me at a book sale for $1, he loves his Mom). Read a vampire series that my daughter likes (Can't think of the title since there are so many vampire series).
So now I get to pick...Had $20 left on an Amazon book gift card so I splurged and found a book that was recommended by my profile and it just jumped out at me.
'Shifting the Monkey' by Todd Whitaker.  Looks really interesting, great cover , kind of weird title and graphic.  So that is my 'judging a book by the cover' moment.  The book is shorter than I thought so should be an fast read.  Here I go , will update at moments of profound inspiration..(yeah that is what I always go for).... If you have or are reading the book chime in. Guess I would be talking to the two people who follow this blog. Oh did I ever say thanks for following my blog?  THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment