Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Starting New happens with Closed Doors...

Not sure the title of this blog reflects the feelings that I encounter while writing this post.  Last year I was thrilled and excited to start my administrative career as the Assistant Principal of two elementary schools in two different school districts.  I knew it was going to be all consuming and I welcomed the challenge.  I knew I was ready to change my focus from teaching to  teaching facilitator/administrator. I left my seniority behind with a signature on a contract and never looked back. 
Well the door closed and the position I had is gone.  I will still have a job thanks to a gracious school district school board and administration. The job is a teaching position with 20% assistant principal.  I will admit I am thankful to have a job since I do have a family who need income and insurance.  I will also admit that this is not the direction that I had planned for my career.  That being said I will work my butt off doing the best teaching job possible and will also contribute 100% to the 20% administrative position I was offered.  There must be a reason for the closed door and I will see what new changes start in my career and life.
Life is a dichotomy of changes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment