Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blog Stats Basic Interpretation...

BlogPack of One status is fine with me. I own up to it and am not dreaming up ways to increase my numbers to say... three. I am not Scott McLeod and have no ambition to compete.
So I looked at my stats after a fellow blogger was commenting on his stats and decided to give my interpretation of what stats mean on my blog.
Disclaimer: this is my own personal interpretation of my blogs stats, it may or may not be accurate, it does not represent any other stats or blog interpretations, and is not meant to demean or negatively portray my blog as not being worth reading or following.
Now lets begin.....
Countries which my blog has been viewed in
USA960 (that makes sense since that is where I am writing from )Russia78(really ? What a pain to translate accurately) United Kingdom26 (You know England)Germany19 (my favorite I love the idea that someone from Germany might wonder what I am blogging about, I think my last name probably pulled that audience in)Japan19(2nd favorite to image someone reading my blog but don't believe it)South Korea19( that one floors me , voted most unusual and unexplainable)Iran17 (I am not sure at all about this one)Canada9(Canada why not thank you and with 9 I believe that)Ukraine5(Wonder what my blog translates to there)China4 (really wanted more from China especially since they have a huge population so step that one up)
Page views 1237, time to dance in the street and then brag on facebook ! Now the interesting part since I did not block my own page views I estimate 99% of those are just me and my blogpack of one. Do I feel bad....NO...going to keep counting my own page views it just makes me happy!
Most viewed Posts...There are two that jump off the page and the pretty graph looks great, the winners are...
Being a Principal can be lonely... 88 views
Blogsafear 42 views
Now I am realistic person and titles seem to pull the viewers in. I really did not mean to pull viewers in by indicating I was lonely but feel that perhaps I sent mixed messages with this blog post. So I am just going to negate the 88 views except for the 10 that were from me.
My pride...Blogsafear...love the name. Might make a movie about it. Might have to do with a blog pack of one and the fear that installs in blogkind. Just wish I had the time to write it. Hmmm wonder what kind of viewing stats I would get with the title. ...Blogsalove...nah!
Viewers that referred me..wow thanks ...not sure exactly why but makes my day.
Search keywords///What is that about , it seems really odd. Can't explain some of them.8
Comments: One of my posts got 8 comments. What a great discussion. Oh wait 7 of the comments were by anonymous, yeah they were me. Wonder what a psychologist would say about that. So to keep me from conversating with myself someone needs to step up and comment. Is that so much to ask. I comment on other blogs, sometimes because I am interested, and sometimes just to be nice. If you want to just be nice that would be fine.
So this has gotten a little long and I will eventually have to post a comment so the blogpack of one signs off...............

9 comments:

  1. Wow how funny this post was. Really liked the movie idea, you should go with it. Yeah it's me and I am doing it again. Hey got a comment and a page view. Stats they are what you make them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I ever said I have an ambition to compete? I do have an avowed ambition to make an impact on school administrators and schools...

    ReplyDelete
  3. David and Goliath??

    I'll sit this one out, but I may grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me say that I was totally shocked that Scott McLeod read my blog. I have to rethink my blockpack of one status and mind frame. With that being said I also note that he read it at 3:46 am which helps the thought process.
    I don't think compete was a negative comment at all and ambition is part of it.
    That being said I will have to look at the following blogs....
    Scott McLeod is the Best Professor Ever Blog
    Scott's Super Cool Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got back from vacation. My sleep clock is off!

    FYI, those other blogs you mention are demos I made in workshops to show principals and superintendents how easy it is to get started blogging. I give 'em funny names to make the workshop participants laugh! :)

    Keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the conversation, and hope your vacation was fantastic. Feel free to view my blog late at night or anytime. Funny names are entertaining as I have been throwing in funny blog posts to entertain myself, glad one entertained someone else. Like I always say, 'If you can't have fun once in awhile why are you doing it' and that is my motto especially now that I am an Assistant Principal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now blogging alone is getting a little painful. Turned off the stat about blog visits by me. I actually have no stats and it says, "wait for updates". Okay now I realize that all my blogging is just a practice in self awareness and reflection. So what is my reflection? I have a lot of ideas that come from experience, others, and natural curiosity. I love to read and search out information and blogging records these searches. For some reason I have not interested a whole lot of bloggers with my topics or discussions. So what will I do about this? Nothing at all, I don't mind writing for myself, if I need to get feedback I will post on someone elses blog. (or I could mention a name like SM (but not today). If I have to change or write to gain attention it would not be my goal or my blog. So hello to me and on goes the blog pack of one, and may I say a really fun and interesting one at that. Good for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging is a great medium for reflection! FYI, this might interest you (check out the PDF): http://bit.ly/cOoL4J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked it out, I also had checked it out a couple of years ago. Still good enjoy the artistic use of shape and color. Before administration I was an art teacher and wonder who was the art designer on this project. I taught a similar project based class on texture, shape, and color in digital photography. Would love to take the time and do a current update of blogging stats using texture, line, and a couple more design elements. Thanks for the reply.

      Delete