Thursday, December 1, 2011

Building Community...

Went to visit the principal of Jacobson Elementary, Mike Thompson. Thank you to Belmond Klemme and Mr. Lewis for hosting me. Thanks also Mr. Duncan Principal of Prairie Valley Elementary and MNW Elementary for giving me the opportunity and time to visit. My schedule has been busy as any asst. principal and only got about two and one half hours of conversation but the time was worth it's wait in gold. I had a list of questions and not all got answered but what a great conversation. Since it was a school day Mike had to continue with his duties such as discipline and bus duty. I know the most important part of the day for me was the idea of building a network with another administrator. I am fortunate as an assistant principal I always have one person that I can network with. I have met a lot of administrators since I have started but it is difficult to have time to talk with them and build working relationships. I feel I have that started with Mr. Thompson and Jacobson Elementary. I am building a community of administrators and school districts one person at a time. Sincerely thanks...

1 comment:

  1. I know how to spell wait,but it won't let me change it to weight. Now I feel better that I have confronted myself with the error. Commenting on my own mistakes is worthwhile and something I do quite alot. Easier to take from myself. Anonymous you can just keep it to yourself...

    ReplyDelete